I am moving today, and over the next few! By moving I mean moving to a new city, in a new province, to start a new life. My parents and I have been planning this trip for years, and are both excited and terrified of what is to come.
Due to my absolutely crazy schedule, this month’s Music Monday is not of the ordinary. Moving with my parents means that while we bounce between the road, hotels, and a vacation home, whenever we want to listen to music we will need to listen to tunes that we all enjoy and can keep us motivated during these stressful times.
If you are anything like the three of us, who take pleasure in listening to classic tracks from the 1970s and 1980s, look no further than this playlist!
Here are 16 songs (for our moving day: July 16th) from the 70s/80s to keep you going.
Get Moving [70s/80s]
1. Ain’t No Sunshine / Bill Withers
2. Stuck In The Middle With You / Stealers Wheel
3. Summer Breeze / Seals and Crofts
4. Rich Girl / Hall and Oates
5. Breezin’ / George Benson
6. The Chain / Fleetwood Mac
7. Solsbury Hill / Peter Gabriel
8. September / Earth, Wind & Fire
9. What A Fool Believes / The Doobie Brothers
10. I Can’t Tell You Why / Eagles
11. Wrapped Around Your Finger / The Police
12. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) / Eurythmics
13. Everybody Wants To Rule The World / Tears For Fears
14. Holding Back the Years / Simply Red
15. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes / Paul Simon
16. The Way It Is / Bruce Hornsby
Playlist available on Spotify: Get Moving [70s/80s](07/16/18)